Where ladies get together and do amazing, wonderful, creative, inspiring, and ever so classy LADY THINGS.
We READ, We SEW, We COOK, We TALK, We LAUGH, We LOVE, We LEARN.

February 19, 2010

LOADED with sunshine, why else would they call her UZI?


       


Being the youngest of five kids, I was left to discover the world on my own.  In my quest of exploration for what life had to offer, I discovered that there was more than just one “world” out there to live in, learn from, and experience: The World of Independence, the World of Imagination, the World of Joy, and the World of Testimony.

I’ve been told that I was a very independent child. Not letting anyone do anything for me, wanting to only do it on my own. Dress myself, teach myself, train myself, feed myself, etc. I never fully believed it until I met my niece. A determined 2 year old who, WILL NOT accept help from anyone and who honestly believes she is old enough to figure it out herself. She is (a lot like I was who was a lot like her oldest sister who is) just like her mother.  Will she grow out of it, or grow into it like I have, learning to ask when asking in needed, as hard as that is sometimes?

To me, imagination and joy are areas that are always revolving around my life. Sometimes coming into my world one at a time to show me what it had to offer, other times aligning so perfectly that you’d think it was a total eclipse of experience and emotion. 
I have the creative side that offers no limit to my imagination with the things I can come up with and love to share that with those around me.  After school, I would come through the door happy and chipper, usually singing a new song I learned that day. I’ve been caught singing songs to myself and have made up songs on a regular basis. I guess it’s true that one can have a song in heart.


I’m usually not one to let things effect me. Not much gets me down. In fact, you’ll rarely see this star not shining. I try to look at the big picture, the bright side of things, and find the positive or learning possibility in most any situation.  In my mind, nothing is worth getting upset or bothered over, and if it is, it’s worth talking about and then moving on.
If I start feeling down, I find others to serve and lift up. If those around me are down, I do all I can to lift their spirit and help them see that there is light.


   

I feel I have found a place in my heart for constant spiritual growth. Growing up, there has been several times where I have been influenced by the examples and testimonies of others. There was a time where I hid in my sister’s room to jump out and scare her only to have to wait for several minutes for her to finish her prayer.  When I was running late for school, I was frantically grabbing my books, running up the stairs and as I burst through my parents bedroom door yelling for her to get in the car, I was caught back by the sight of her on her knees saying her morning prayers that I have seen (and still see) her do every morning. 
I have been influenced by their example of this and have made it a part of my daily routine to start and end each day in prayer. That no matter what is going on around me, it’s important to take a step back from the rush of things and to focus on the big picture. To remember why I am here and the importance of staying close to my Heavenly Father. 
HE is my world.
HE is there to help when I ask but gives me independence because he knows I can do it.
HE has given me my creative imagination that keeps me happy and
HE has blessed me with pure joy because of the testimony I have of Him.


“I am like a star shining brightly, 
shining for the whole world to see. 
I can do and say happy things each day, 
for I know Heavenly Father loves me.”


Uzi

No comments:

Post a Comment