Where ladies get together and do amazing, wonderful, creative, inspiring, and ever so classy LADY THINGS.
We READ, We SEW, We COOK, We TALK, We LAUGH, We LOVE, We LEARN.

March 31, 2010

A Little Inspiration Goes A Long Way

The Domestic Reading Society...whose name was ingeniously constructed by Jenny LaFortune, is not, and I repeat is not, a book club!

  

I have been very blessed in my life to have amazing friends who love the Lord, and thus follow his counsel, and Spirit in all things. My dear friend Keri Tibbetts has opened my eyes to truth in so many ways. We have been friends for years, and in that time we have both changed drastically. We have both been inspired by two books called Fascinating Womanhood, and Fascinating Girl. These books changed our perspective and Keri taught me how to become a woman...the woman that I was in the pre-existence, and the woman the Lord wants me to be. However, I am still in the process of becoming that woman, through the interaction and teachings of intelligent women around me. (Ahem…DRS)



 

I received my degrees in English and English Education, and I have a great passion for literature, especially Classic literature. I know that when we read such works, we are enlightened and inspired, and we learn the lessons that we need to learn in life. Due to these truths that I have learned, I wanted to be able to share classic literature with others...with women. Strong, smart, vibrant women, like Kristy Uzelac, Brooke Hathaway, Shanna Taggart, and all those I am now associated with, who would continue to help me become the person the Lord intends me to become. I knew that the women in my life could offer me more than just a discussion on literature. I have had a vision of my life as it is now, and as it will be later, when I have a family and children. I want my children to see me with amazing women, and see us utilizing our talents and spiritual gifts that we have been given. I want my children to see me sewing with other women, and hearing us discuss literature and how it applies to our lives. I want my children to see me cooking healthy food, and exercising my body, and learning, learning, learning, from righteous women. 
  

I know that the DRS endeavor will give all of us Spiritual strength beyond what we ever imagined. We have a great work to do on the Earth today, and in the future, and we need one another to accomplish all things the Lord has in store for us.




This is my hope. 


This is my vision



And according to me,this is DRS.

Jana Capps

No comments:

Post a Comment