Where ladies get together and do amazing, wonderful, creative, inspiring, and ever so classy LADY THINGS.
We READ, We SEW, We COOK, We TALK, We LAUGH, We LOVE, We LEARN.

June 03, 2010

May Flowers

"The Cheaper Chic.....a garden soirée"


This months DRS was such a delight. Not only was the setting more perfect than I could have imagined, with beautiful weather, vintage patio furniture, flowers from the garden, etc.,


there was also many delicious treats that words can not explain.


The company was, like always, amazing and we learned the art of making something old look new through consignment shopping.



There were several moments and topics of conversation that kept us laughing



and conversations that us girls do best, aside from making each other laugh, some real tender heart to heart and serious girl chat. Isn't that what we're here for?

(btw, don't you just LOVE the photo's of these girls? GORGEOUS!)

Of all the laughter and heart felt moments, the radiance of each woman, and the quiet strength in others, one of my favorite quotes kept coming to mind.

"Women of God can never be like 
women of the world. 
The world has enough women who are tough; 
we need women who are tender. 
There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. 
There are enough women who are rude; 
we need women who are refined. 
We have enough women of fame and fortune; 
we need more women of faith. 
We have enough greed; we need more goodness. 
We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. 
We have enough popularity; we need more purity."
The Joy of Womanhood- Margaret D. Nadauld (Ensign, Nov. 2000)

Thank you Jennie and Marianne for such an amazing DRS.
For the pleasant evening that reminded me of  all that I am and must be, all that I was prepared to be, 
and my duties as a woman.
To me, you are a great example!

3 comments:

  1. Good Heavens Kristy!! What a GREAT blog. The more and more I get to know all you girls the more I can honestly say I am lifted up and filled with complete joy. You are an inspiration and a great example to so so many people!! I look forward to furture gatherings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good heavens Kristy is right. Your photography skills are amazing. I love looking at the girls faces and kept thinking how am I lucky enough to be around all these amazing ladies!! You've created something incredible. Muah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that evening! We have a hoot together, no? I adore you all. Heart.

    ReplyDelete