Where ladies get together and do amazing, wonderful, creative, inspiring, and ever so classy LADY THINGS.
We READ, We SEW, We COOK, We TALK, We LAUGH, We LOVE, We LEARN.

February 03, 2011

11 in 2011

Has anyone ever seen The Buried Life?  It's on MTV. No? Well let me just tell you a little bit about it.  4 friends from Canada have made a list of 100 things to do before they die. The drive all over the country checking things off the list. Here are some examples:
  • Ask out the girl of your dreams
  • Tell a joke on a late night talk show
  • Start a dance in a public place
  • Make a toast at a strangers wedding
You get the idea, and I think the idea is brilliant!  When I was 20 I made a list of things to do before I die and have actually accomplished half of them. Sadly, I hadn't looked at the list in a while, nor had I thought of modifying the list to this time in my life, my new goals and asperations, my new initerestest and dreams....until Shanna Taggart came along. 
I wouldn't go so far as to say she is obsessed with the show, but she's pretty darn close, and with her energy and excitement with this new view on life, she happily hosted DRS for the month of January.
What a perfect segway into the new year. Instead of focusing on resolutions, why not look at the positive, the exciting world, and make a list of things you have always wanted to do, thought would be fun, things to improve on, and even things that scare you?  What was even better to the lists, is us girls found that we had several things on our lists that were the same. So instead of writing it down and tucking it away in your journal, we can now help each other accomplish some of those items.
Sneak into a private party - DONE
Send someone a love letter - In the works
Go Skydiving - This summer with the ladies!

Thank you Shanna for opening our minds, lighting a fire within to get out and do more things, be adventurous, take chances, and be "yes" girls.  Life is too short to live in a world of "no's" or "i can't".  Take everyday and pretend realize, the world is yours!

1 comment:

  1. This is great! I have checked off one of my lists from that night (wahoo) and am totally motivated for some more action. Thanks to Kristy and Shanna for leading the way in fearlessly awesome to do lists.

    ReplyDelete